Monday, February 1, 2010

Animal Walk



The circus is coming to town! Yesterday, I just happened to hear on the radio that the animal walk was happening downtown, and that it had been moved from 11am to 3:30pm. This was about 2:45, and I wasn't sure if we could make it since Cam was still napping and we hadn't eaten lunch. But we hustled up and went on down there. As we were getting out of the car, the lady next to me got a phone call telling her it had started! We both grabbed our kids and ran over to the corner to see this:
That's right, the animal walk consisted of 6 elephants and nothing else! Good thing we ran, or we totally would have missed it. Camden pointed and laughed when he saw the elephants, and then it was over. People all around us were pissed! One man said "I waited 2 hours for that?!" I had never been to an animal walk before, but apparently I wasn't the only one expecting to see more animals. Oh, well.
Since we were already out and about and it was fairly nice outside, I decided to take Cam to a nearby playground I'd been wanting to check out. It's across the street from my hair salon (So Vain - Love U Mallory!) and our favorite bar (Furniture Factory), so it had caught my attention recently.
The park is brand new and really pretty. Lots of room to run around, and they did a really nice job of fencing it off from street traffic. Camden wasn't really big enough for most of the equipment, but we had fun anyway.
He tried to climb up this tunnel, but he could only get halfway up. It was too steep for him!
He did like looking thru the peepholes! Then Daddy came and met us!
We braved the big slide with Daddy's help. Cam loved it!
Cam is working on his future as a gymnast or a strong man. What a silly boy!
All in all it was a fun outing. I mean, it's not everyday you get to see elephants walking down the street!

3 comments:

Grandma Cathy said...

Elephants and playground all in one day. Awesome!!! What a day of fun!! Thanks!!!!

Amy said...

I was so mad when I saw it on the news last night b/c I wanted to take the girls and forgot. Glad I read your post b/c it looks like I didn't miss anything :)

Shelly Wildman said...

Oh, I did that when my girls were little. But then the elephants walked over to where they were putting up the circus tent and we got to watch them help. It was really cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...