Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Picture with Santa




We finally made it to see Santa Claus today. This has been on my to do list since Dec. 1st. Of course, we have been so busy we didn't make it see Santa until two days before Christmas. We had intended to go to the Santa at Parkway Place but ended up at Madison Square Mall. Needless to say, the mall was a zoo. Brad stood in line by himself while I went in Dillard's to change Camden into his Christmas outfit. We wanted to wait til the last minute to change him to minimize the chance of him spitting up on his outfit. When I finally made my way past the hordes of shoppers to the restroom, I discovered they had moved their baby changing station to their children's department. So I had to trek back over there and then change him in this tiny room with a diaper changer about a foot off the floor. I think a dressing room would have been better, but I was alreay worried about getting back in time. I was trying to move as fast as possible because I was afraid our turn would come up before I got back with Camden. No need to worry; we had to wait in line for over an hour. The whole time I was in Dillard's and most of the time we were waiting in line, Camden was just laughing and smiling. We really did try to time this around his feeding schedule, but his schedule seemed to be off an hour today and we had to wait in line for over an hour. By the time it was Camden's turn to visit Santa, he was starving and sleepy. We were scared to feed him in line because then he definitely would have spit up on his clothes. In the end, we were just grateful that Camden was not crying or screaming in the picture. Santa loved him, and didn't want to give him back! While the picture is not what I had hoped for, it did turn out very sweet. Oh well, there's always next year!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Melissa,
Enjoy this picture because in a couple of years he'll probably be terrified of Santa like my 3-year-old :)

Merry Christmas!
Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...